« Home | We Love Our Animals » | New Life and Old » | Spirit In The Sky » | my little town » | Padgett 3, The Return of The King » | Fudge » | Love » | Bubbles » | time, again » | let it happen »

Daylight Robbery

She can vaguely remember Padgett 2, it was a couple of weeks ago now that she died. I showed her the vet's bill today, for her to write the cheque.

"£164.91, that's daylight robbery. No, that's wicked, what's this 'out of hours' visit? Oh darling, I suppose I have to pay it but that is just preying on people."

She wasn't impressed, she still isn't. Shocking things stick for a while.

"Have I got enough in my account though? Where is my statement."

I explain to her that there is always enough in her account, that we keep above a certain amount to avoid charges. She asks again, and again, and again. She leafs through her cheque stubs and looks at her statement. She does a few sums on the back of it to satisfy herself of the fact that she has enough then puts it all down. A little while later she picks it up again. Goes through the same motions, the same questions.

Right now she's looking through to see who to send christmas cards to. We did that last week. I remind her. "Oh, good-ie", she says with a look that is at once relieved at not having to do it all and unsure because she cannot remember doing it.

Time to cook some food, I'll get her to help, put her concentration elsewhere.

The Master keeps her mind always at one with the Tao;
that is what gives her her radiance.
The Tao is ungraspable.
How can her mind be at one with it?
Because she doesn't cling to ideas.
The Tao is dark and unfathomable.
How can it make her radiant?
Because she lets it.
Since before time and space were, the Tao is.
It is beyond is and is not.
How do I know this is true?
I look inside myself and see.